Wooden boats constructed for practical or decorative purposes.
Independence Boatworks has been building wooden boats of all sizes, from 42" to 22', for rowing, sailing, motoring or simply decorative purposes since 1990. Our interests lean towards traditional styled craft, particularly glued lapstrake designs, built to order from the designer's plans.
Some of the designs which we have constructed to date, include:
10' 2" Acorn Tender
- Acorn Tender 7'6", or 10'2" versions
- 14' Whilly boat, a double ended sailboat
- Nutshell Pram or Mouse Pram, 7'7" in length
- Caledonia Yawl, a 19' double-ender
- 22' Grey Seal, sloop with cabin and sail
- 14'6" Outboard Skiff
- MacGregor Canoe 13' 7" with deck
The Acorn is one of our most popular models and can be constructed anywhere from 7"6" to 15" in length. The traditional lapstrake hull cuts through the water easily, whether you are rowing, towing, or motoring, An optional sail plan is also available.